olingo-dev mailing list archives

From Ioan Eugen Stan ...@ieugen.ro>
Subject olingo outside Servlet environment - vertx.io
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2017 13:40:51 GMT
Hello Oling Devs,

I experimented with Oling as an API framework for a project and I
managed to get it working with Vertx framework. Please see a Gist of the
Vertx Handler for Olingo 4.3.0 that I used. It's kind of all that is
needed for a simple integration.

I am a big fan of vertx and I would like to see vertx support upstream
for Olingo.

This could be acieved either as part of Oling or as a contribution project.

My suggestions are:

- make a new module called olingo-servlet and move all servlet related
api from core to this new module.

- make new module called olingo-vertx and implement the vertx
integration in that module

After the release, old users will just have to add a olingo-servlet as
dependency (if package names don't change) and things should just work
for them without code changes.

Let me know if this is someting interesting for you. I can give a hand
in making the change. Just let me know how I can do that.

If it helps, I am committer and PMC for Apache James so I know how
things work in general at Apache.

Regards,

[1] https://gist.github.com/ieugen/9a06da5aa91d814b3f3cdf1b02865304