ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Ingo Wolfmayr <ingo.wolfm...@wolfix.at>
Subject AW: Add CSS/JS to backend theme from plugin
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2021 18:52:31 GMT
Hi Michael,

that’s what I already did - and yes it works. I am looking for a way to add js/css files
to the plugin and make it available in other application. Saying: "Common-theme here are some
additional files"

Something like:
<VisualThemeResource visualThemeId="COMMON_THEME" resourceTypeEnumId="VT_HDR_JAVASCRIPT"
sequenceId="12" resourceValue="/reporting/js/Chart.min.js"/>
    <VisualThemeResource visualThemeId="COMMON_THEME" resourceTypeEnumId="VT_STYLESHEET"
sequenceId="10" resourceValue="/reporting/css/Chart.min.css"/>

I have a plugin that provides two files - one css and one js. I would have to create, role-out
and maintain the additionial theme just for the purpose of providing two files.

Best regards,
Ingo

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Michael Brohl <michael.brohl@ecomify.de>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 16. Februar 2021 18:52
An: user@ofbiz.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Add CSS/JS to backend theme from plugin

Hi Ingo,

I'm not sure if I understand correctly, but you should be able to assign ressources through
a component reference.

Have you tried to use

<property name="VT_FTR_JAVASCRIPT['add']"
value="component://my-component/vendors/myspecialscript.js" />

<property name="VT_FTR_JAVASCRIPT['add']"
value="/my-theme/vendors/myscript.js" />

in your Theme.xml? This works OOTB with ftl files, should also work with JavaScript, no?

HTH,

Michael Brohl

ecomify GmbH - www.ecomify.de

Am 16.02.21 um 17:44 schrieb Ingo Wolfmayr:
> Hi Aditya,
>
> I already create my own theme by extending an existing one. It works but I feel quite
uncomfortable by creating a new theme for the purpose of adding a single .js file to an existing
theme. I was hoping there would be a better solution and handle those things via the plugin.