ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Michael Brohl <michael.br...@ecomify.de>
Subject Re: Add CSS/JS to backend theme from plugin
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2021 19:11:17 GMT
But... your plugin is a component as well, right? Just reference it like
I showed below.

Your plugin's ofbiz-component.xml starts with

   <ofbiz-component name="my-plugin" ... location="webapp/my-plugin" ...

Your Javascript is in

   plugins/my-plugin/webapp/my-plugin/vendors/myscript.js

You reference it as

   <property name="VT_FTR_JAVASCRIPT['add']"
value="component://my-plugin/vendors/myscript.js" />

in your Theme.xml

All out of my mind but I think this should work. Did I miss something?

Regards,

Michael Brohl

ecomify GmbH - www.ecomify.de

Am 16.02.21 um 19:52 schrieb Ingo Wolfmayr:
> Hi Michael,
>
> that’s what I already did - and yes it works. I am looking for a way to add js/css
files to the plugin and make it available in other application. Saying: "Common-theme here
are some additional files"

> Something like:
> <VisualThemeResource visualThemeId="COMMON_THEME" resourceTypeEnumId="VT_HDR_JAVASCRIPT"
sequenceId="12" resourceValue="/reporting/js/Chart.min.js"/>
>      <VisualThemeResource visualThemeId="COMMON_THEME" resourceTypeEnumId="VT_STYLESHEET"
sequenceId="10" resourceValue="/reporting/css/Chart.min.css"/>

> I have a plugin that provides two files - one css and one js. I would have to create,
role-out and maintain the additionial theme just for the purpose of providing two files.

> Best regards,
> Ingo

uncomfortable by creating a new theme for the purpose of adding a single .js file to an existing
theme. I was hoping there would be a better solution and handle those things via the plugin.