ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Pritam Kute <pritam.k...@hotwaxsystems.com>
Subject Re: Edit Order
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2020 13:06:38 GMT
Hello Shrilesh,

When I had last checked this workflow, it cancels the current
OrderPaymentPreference and then creates new with updated order total. Also,
it invokes the payment service to recapture the payment. The service which
gets invoked to process payments is OrderServices.processOrderPayments. You
can refer to this service to get more understanding of the overall payment
workflow. Mostly the services which run in edit order workflow are
updateOrderItems or appendOrderItem. You can refer to those services too.
This workflow works well with the default payment processors in OFBiz.

One question really bothers me when I see this workflow is how we can
reAuth the payment on customer's cards without CVV or customer's consent? I
had faced the same problem in the reAuth process when I was working on
integration with the First Data payment gateway. They are now allowing
users to reAuth payment until and unless the user has CVV. Storing the
cards sensitive information like CVV is against the PCI DSS compliance. So
I would also be interested in more thoughts on this from the community
about how they handle the payment related situations in order edit
functionality.

Kind Regards,
--
Pritam Kute