ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Bill Harder <bhar...@osz.com>
Subject Re: Installing on Windows 7
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2019 21:27:54 GMT
Hi Jacques,

Happy Tuesday...

I have spent the last 2 days trying to get ofbiz running on Windows 10 and
finally found the problem.  If you user login name has a space, it will not
work.(ie Bill Harder versus BillHarder)  Work around is set up a TempUser
account and give it a try.  That worked for me.  Not a good long term
solution.  I'm thinking an AWS server running linux might be better.

Since this is my first post to the ofbiz / apache group if I do something
wrong here please let me know.  Thanks.

Bill

On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 9:12 AM Ethan Vos <cnc@boundlessnrg.com> wrote:

> [...]
>
> Thank for all your help and patience.
>
> Ethan
>
> On 14/10/2019 3:25 a.m., Jacques Le Roux wrote:
> > Hi Ethan,
> >
> > OK, we will make it simpler.
> >
> > Just open
> >
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/branches/release16.11/gradle/init-gradle-wrapper.ps1
> >

> > And copy it (replace all text) in your own init-gradle-wrapper.ps1. Then
> > run "c:\Ofbiz>init-gradle-wrapper"
> >
> > I have tested the same on my machine and it works as expected.
> >
> > If it does not work on yours you have a problem with your Windows 7
> > installation and I can't do much about it.
> >
> > I'd then recommend to make a new Windows installation. I know it's not
> > an easy choice...
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > Jacques
> >
> > Le 09/10/2019 à 21:45, Ethan Vos a écrit :
> >> OK, here is the result:
> >>
> >> c:\Ofbiz>init-gradle-wrapper
> >> The term 'Invoke-WebRequest' is not recognized as the name of a
> >> cmdlet, functio
> >> n, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name,
> >> or if a pa
> >> th was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
> >> At C:\Ofbiz\gradle\init-gradle-wrapper.ps1:27 char:18
> >> + Invoke-WebRequest <<<<  -outf gradle\wrapper\gradle-wrapper.jar
> >> http://dl.bin
> >> tray.com/apacheofbiz/GradleWrapper/v2.13/gradle-wrapper.jar
> >>     + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound:
> >> (Invoke-WebRequest:String) [], C
> >>    ommandNotFoundException
> >>     + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException
> >>
> >> The term 'Invoke-WebRequest' is not recognized as the name of a
> >> cmdlet, functio
> >> n, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name,
> >> or if a pa
> >> th was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
> >> At C:\Ofbiz\gradle\init-gradle-wrapper.ps1:28 char:18
> >> + Invoke-WebRequest <<<<  -outf
> >> gradle\wrapper\gradle-wrapper.properties http:/
> >> /
> dl.bintray.com/apacheofbiz/GradleWrapper/v2.13/gradle-wrapper.properties
> >>     + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound:
> >> (Invoke-WebRequest:String) [], C
> >>    ommandNotFoundException
> >>     + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException
> >>
> >> The term 'Invoke-WebRequest' is not recognized as the name of a
> >> cmdlet, functio
> >> n, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name,
> >> or if a pa
> >> th was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
> >> At C:\Ofbiz\gradle\init-gradle-wrapper.ps1:29 char:18
> >> + Invoke-WebRequest <<<<  -outf gradlew.bat
> >> http://dl.bintray.com/apacheofbiz/G
> >> radleWrapper/v2.13/gradlew.bat
> >>     + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound:
> >> (Invoke-WebRequest:String) [], C
> >>    ommandNotFoundException
> >>     + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException
> >>

> >> Should I delete everything and redownload and reinstall?

is no standalone

--
Bill Harder
OsZ Technologies