ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Rajesh Mallah <mallah.raj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multi Tenancy Support
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2019 06:24:58 GMT
Hi Nicola ,

Many advanced databases like postgresql and oracle  (possibly mysql)
Allow the feature of "schemas" which are namespaces within same database.

OFBiz already allows specification of  schema in entityengine.xml.
interschema SQL queries are already allowed.

Hence creating a DB for each tenant is also a matter of choice.
The DB permission structure around schemas allows implementation
of access control.

>>  It would be an
>> interesting feature to make ofbiz multicompany but it would imply a heavy
>> revision of the data model.

I think it is not worth , also it will make customers jittery to remain in
shared tables.

regds
mallah.