ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: Using Ofbiz for delivery management
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2019 15:19:00 GMT
Hi Lasantha,

Your message has been moderated.

Please subscribe to the user ML for such questions and then use your email client
See why here http://ofbiz.apache.org/mailing-lists.html

You will get a better support , it's more fair to share with everybody  and people can answer
you on the ML rather than directly to you
The wider the audience the better the answers you might get

Also it's more work for moderators who have to accept your messages as long as you have not
subscribed.
I'll personally no longer accept them (other moderators still could)

Thanks

This said, OFBiz has a lot of thing out of the box, but does not have a real logistic module
available. So it does not support delivery management by
itself. It relies on external services like UPS. I suggest you have a look at

https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/catalog/control/ListShipmentMethodTypes

For mapping: https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/example/control/ExampleOsmGeoLocationPointSet1

You might also be interested by this discussion https://markmail.org/message/fzjg7gxuposdhh47

HTH

Jacques

Le 25/10/2019 à 06:02, Lasantha Wimalasena a écrit :
> Hi
> I'm new to OfBiz and intending to use the software for small SCM business including delivery
management. I'm in the process of trying out and evaluating the software.

> Does Ofbiz support delivery management - i.e. tracking orders and vehicles and monitoring?
The requirement is to see vehicles on a Map and get real time data from the vehicles back
to the system.

> Appreciate if any direction for further information or modules which could potentially
be extended to support above functionality if it doesn't exist.