ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Alexandre Beaulieu <abea...@gmail.com>
Subject Custom component overriding OOTB application example
Date Sun, 28 Jul 2019 18:44:43 GMT
Hello, we are currently evaluating Ofbiz to use it as our development framework as well a use
existing features as much as possible.

Can anybody provide a custom component example (or guidelines) where a feature in an OOTB
application such as party/partymgr is customised without having to copy most of the application
in the component?

For example, if we want to add some custom contact mechanism type to party, it seems overkill
to have to copy the whole partymgr webapp/widget in the custom component just to customise
that.
I'm missing a bit of the specifics to achieve that kind of customisation from the guidelines
I found so far.

So if anybody can point me to a good example or better guidelines, that would be great.

Thanks.