ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: Custom component overriding OOTB application example
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2019 12:18:23 GMT
Hi Alexandre,

One point from which you could start is the ecomseo webapp in the ecommerce component (plugin).
There you will see that only the controller and web.xml are needed to reuse the ecommerce
code while adjusting it for SEO needs.

Also you can extend forms (look for "extends" in *form*.xml files)  and entities (look for
"extend-entity" in *mode*.xml files)

HTH

Jacques

Le 28/07/2019 à 20:44, Alexandre Beaulieu a écrit :
> Hello, we are currently evaluating Ofbiz to use it as our development framework as well
a use existing features as much as possible.

> Can anybody provide a custom component example (or guidelines) where a feature in an
OOTB application such as party/partymgr is customised without having to copy most of the application
in the component?

> For example, if we want to add some custom contact mechanism type to party, it seems
overkill to have to copy the whole partymgr webapp/widget in the custom component just to
customise that.
> I'm missing a bit of the specifics to achieve that kind of customisation from the guidelines
I found so far.