ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Paul Foxworthy <p...@cohsoft.com.au.INVALID>
Subject Re: SEO manual
Date Sun, 28 Jul 2019 01:21:36 GMT
On Fri, 26 Jul 2019 at 21:58, Wolfgang Paul Rauchholz <
wp.rauchholz@gmail.com> wrote:

Search Engine Optimisation
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Search_engine_optimization> has no interest
> on the backend side, because the backend  is most often used in an
> intranet, it's a main concern on the eCommerce side.

Hi all,

We are compounding SEO, which is indeed much more important for
public-facing ecommerce, and good URLs. I think good URLs matter for the
backend too. - we should have better URLs *everywhere*.

Good clear URLs are of benefit to everybody. Our users can bookmark a URL
and understand what it means when they see it in the future. They can
quickly navigate by modifying a URL in the address bar.

Good URLs are an important part of a RESTful API (
https://restfulapi.net/resource-naming/).

The word "control" in the middle of all our APIs is a technical
implementation detail, and it's just noise for all our users all of the
time. It's as bad as .jsp, .php3, .aspx on the end of URLs, which are,
thank goodness, becoming much less common . "main" is not much better.

Cheers

Paul Foxworthy

--
Coherent Software Australia Pty Ltd