ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From PK <urb...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: New User, Setup/User Documentation Question
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2019 22:04:54 GMT
 Hi Jacques,
  Thank you for your reply. I think the setup guide is fine now that I absorb it more. It's
my thick head that needs more time, I guess.
  Thanks for the link to more information. I will start reading through it. Thank you very
much Jacques!!
Paul

    On Monday, July 22, 2019, 4:41:42 AM EDT, Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.roux@les7arts.com>
wrote:

 Hi Paul,

Inline...

Le 20/07/2019 à 19:02, urbnsr a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> ?? I am just starting to check out OFBiz to replace our current ERP package for a very
small online hobby business. I installed v.16.11.05 and am
> working through this business setup guide:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBENDUSER/Apache+OFBiz+Business+Setup+Guide
>
> ?? As I go through these steps, I am not finding some of the links or locations in my
installation that are mentioned in the document. Do I need to
> pay more attention to my installation or is it possible the document was written for
a previous version and I should use the document more as a
> guideline than a literate step-by-step?

This document is maybe not up to date (2016, already 3 years ;)). But we can update it, what
are the links and locations you missed?

> ?? Also, can anyone point me to document with best-practice operation steps for OFBiz?
I am hoping to be able to switch over to OFBiz by January 1,
> 2020.

I trust this can help: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Best+Practices+Guide

At large please start your journey from "Documentation/Technical Documentation" menu  at
https://ofbiz.apache.org/

> ?? Thank you in advance for any help and/or tips!

Welcome :)

Jacques