ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Benjamin Jugl <benjamin.j...@ecomify.de>
Subject Re: Can't get past step one
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2019 14:23:51 GMT
Hi there,

you are on the right track. The browser just thinks that the
ssl-connection is not secure (but it is, trust me), because the
ssl-certificates are signed by the issuer themselves. (Because we are on
localhost and nobody gets them signed for local tests, because that
costs money and is necessary, because you can trust your own computer /
development-installation.)

You can however ignore this. Usually you have two clickable buttons (At
least in chrome and Firefox) one states something along the lines of
"back", the other one something like "extended" or "further options" (I
have German localization, so I can only guess what exactly is stated).
It should be white. Click it. Click the option that states something
like "proceed to insecure..."(in chrome) or "Add exception" (in
Firefox). In chrome you should get to the ofbiz page now. in Firefox you
have confirm once more.

I hope this solves your problem,

kind regards,

Ben

On 08.03.19 14:50, Mike Riley wrote:
> I checked my Java version in Terminal and got this;
>
> Mikes-iMac:~ Mike$ java -version
> java version "11.0.2" 2019-01-15 LTS
> Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 18.9 (build 11.0.2+9-LTS)
> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 18.9 (build 11.0.2+9-LTS, mixed mode)
> Mikes-iMac:~ Mike$
>
> This looks to be different than what is indicated in the Java Console which shows Java
1.8.0_201. Would something like jenv (https://github.com/hiddenswitch/jenv <https://github.com/hiddenswitch/jenv>)
help me change which Java is running or is there a simpler way?
> Thanks,
>
> Mike
>
>> On Mar 7, 2019, at 11:01 PM, Schumann Ye <schumannyeah@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Dear Mike,
>>
>> It would be helpful if you could explain it step by step.
>> Or if you’ve experienced some failure notices that we could tell from?
>> It should be working if you have set up your JAVA environment correctly.
>>
>> Be noted that depending on your browser strategy, you might receive the message that
the link is not secure or not safe.