ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Girish Vasmatkar <girish.vasmat...@hotwaxsystems.com>
Subject Re: Integration of ofbiz with rest service
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2019 05:12:36 GMT
What you tried to do (creating a wrapper around ofbiz to delegate the REST
requests to ofbiz) is the way forward. This makes more sense. It needs some
tweaking because ofbiz does come up (inadvertently) with JAX-RS 1.0
dependency and if you try to use a JAX-RS implementation that bundles
JAX-RS 2.0, then you are in for some tough times.

I presume that is the case with you. I am sure you'd have gotten some
exceptions during start-up as you try to register JAX-RS servlet with the
web application. It'd help if you can just paste here the exception
stacktrace and we'd be in a better position to help you out.

Best,
Girish

On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 8:12 PM snehil maurya <snehil27492@gmail.com> wrote:

> We tried to create a rest endpoint using JAX-RS, in one of the class in
> framework module but then when we ran the ofbiz application that endpoint
> was not found. if he can give more insight on how to do it it will help us
> greatly
>
> we were thinking to create a wrapper on top of ofbiz which will act as a
> endpoint, and that in turn will communicate with ofbiz code. Resulting both
> being on one server, and lesser network traffic.
> Will this help
>
> On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 at 6:45 PM, Girish Vasmatkar <
> girish.vasmatkar@hotwaxsystems.com> wrote:
>
>> This is going to be tricky and in my opinion will introduce overhead.
>> Possible design decisions (High Level) -
>>
>> 1. JMS - Have springboot app send JMS messages to a queue/topic and let
>> ofbiz subscribe to them. This creates dependency on message broker's
>> availability and if the broker is unavailable then your api can not serve
>> requests.
>> 2. RMI - This is not a recommended way of doing the things. Too much
>> complexity for a REST client.
>> 3. SOAP - Let ofbiz expose it's services through SOAP and springboot as
>> SOAP client. That's just not a good approach.
>>
>> I can't think of any other way around this.
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 6:17 PM snehil maurya <snehil27492@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Yes i am planning to launch the springboot app in a separate container.

API