ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Frank Herrman <f.herr...@typify.com>
Subject Buying large amounts, selling smaller ones
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2019 13:20:35 GMT
Hello,

We have some special products that we buy in bulk, but sell in smaller portions. For example,
we can buy a truck full of sand. We will put this sand in smaller portions up for sale (e.g.
5KG, 25KG etc). How can we best handle this in Ofbiz?

We could create separate products, but they have the same stock. We just have one pile of
sand of which we create the smaller portions as soon as one has been sold. What if the next
truck of sand is more expensive and we want to keep track of it using FIFO?

This is just an example, we also have products that are sold per piece or per meter to name
another example. Any suggestion to the right direction would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Kind regards,

Frank Herrman