ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Shi Jinghai <huaru...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: A point in the right direction
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2018 08:32:31 GMT
Hi Shane,

Basically your requirement is a government ERP.

There are 2 types of jobs in your description: routine job and project job.

The workloads of routine jobs can be predefined and approved automatically. Every fiscal year
or so you can adjust the settings of workloads.

The project jobs can be budget based funded. The daily workloads can be filled in by its members
("The attorney would then have to provide counsel within 36 hours and report back that they
had done so") and verified/approved by project managers.

It would be better if you have an OFBiz workflow plugin (i.e. Activiti [1]) to run routine
jobs.

Kind Regards,

Shi Jinghai

[1] https://www.activiti.org/

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: Shane F. MacIntyre [mailto:macintyres@d33.courts.mi.gov]
发送时间: 2018年11月8日 2:33
收件人: user@ofbiz.apache.org
主题: A point in the right direction

I started looking into ofbiz because I need to create a solution for a new regulation we have
at work. We are a courthouse and the state has mandated that we provide representation for
individuals on a daily basis.
In a nutshell, I need to have a system where a clerk can assign a defendant to an attorney.
The attorney would then have to provide counsel within 36 hours and report back that they
had done so. An administrator would be able to oversee the process and verify it. Then pay
the attorney for the counsel. The defendant might have multiple consultations with different
attorneys/ probation officers/ drug testing facilities over the time that the case is active.

I've played around with ofbiz, adding data  using the various ootb components and I've tried
the getting started tutorial, successfully adding the ofbiz demo plugin. That went fine. Now
I am trying to figure out how to implement a solution. I am thinking that the Project component
would be a good place to start because I can make a "Defendant"  project and add attorney
/ probation officer / reviewer resources, then an administrator could create phases like "Initial
Counsultation, Drug Testing, etc"

Does this sound like I am on the right track? Or should I be looking at it differently?