ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: What are the portal Pages and Portlets
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2018 12:03:20 GMT
Hi Madhi,

I'll try to be brief. Portlets are nothing more than widget screens in OFBiz. Portal pages
are used to construct pages using portlets. So it's mostly
a technology used in OFBiz to allow users to build their own screens using existing portlets
without touching code.

I'm not an user of this technology and it seems they are few minor issues with it that you
might cross while using it (nothing really bad).

You can try it at https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/example/control/ManagePortalPages?parentPortalPageId=EXAMPLE

So you can add columns and in these columns add portlets that you move from places to places
afterward.

Technically this should help you: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-1999

HTH

Jacques