ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Pierre Smits <pierresm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Make-to-Order / Drop-ship only
Date Sun, 14 Oct 2018 07:11:43 GMT
Hi Wolfgang,

Yes, OFBiz has such feature out of the box.

A product with the setting 'Drop-ship only' activated works as a
make-to-order product. When one of your customers orders such a product
through the ecommerce component, 2 orders are created: 1 sales order (from
you to your customer) and 1 purchase order (from you to your supplier). You
can test this in the ecommerce  component of the demo site with
https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/ecommerce/dropship1-dropShip1-p

When you go through the checkout process and you have the final order
confirmation, you'll see in the back-end order component the two orders
created. If your customer orders multiple drop-ship products, with each
product having a different supplier, you should see multiple purchase
orders.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*Apache OFBiz <https://ofbiz.apache.org>, contributor (without privileges)