ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Pritam Kute <pritam.k...@hotwaxsystems.com>
Subject Re: How to send and receive email in ofbiz
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2018 08:15:21 GMT
Hello Madhi,

You can use your Gmail account for sending emails in the OFBiz.

Here you need to add following properties to your system.

<SystemProperty systemResourceId="general"
systemPropertyId="mail.notifications.enabled" systemPropertyValue="Y"/>
<SystemProperty systemResourceId="general"
systemPropertyId="mail.smtp.relay.host" systemPropertyValue="smtp.gmail.com
"/>
<SystemProperty systemResourceId="general"
systemPropertyId="mail.smtp.auth.user" systemPropertyValue="Your Gmail
Address"/>
<SystemProperty systemResourceId="general"
systemPropertyId="mail.smtp.auth.password" systemPropertyValue="Your Gmail
Password"/>
<SystemProperty systemResourceId="general"
systemPropertyId="mail.smtp.port" systemPropertyValue="465"/>
<SystemProperty systemResourceId="general"
systemPropertyId="mail.smtp.starttls.enable" systemPropertyValue="true"/>
<SystemProperty systemResourceId="general"
systemPropertyId="mail.smtp.socketFactory.port" systemPropertyValue="465"/>
<SystemProperty systemResourceId="general"
systemPropertyId="mail.smtp.socketFactory.fallback"
systemPropertyValue="false"/>
<SystemProperty systemResourceId="general"
systemPropertyId="mail.smtp.socketFactory.class"
systemPropertyValue="javax.net.ssl.SSLSocketFactory"/>

If you are going to run your custom SMTP server on the same machine where
OFBiz is running, then you need some different settings.
<SystemProperty systemResourceId="general"
systemPropertyId="mail.notifications.enabled" systemPropertyValue="Y"/>
<SystemProperty systemResourceId="general"
systemPropertyId="mail.smtp.relay.host" systemPropertyValue="localhost"/>

<!-- If you want to redirect all email traffic from OFBiz instance to
perticular XYZ email address, set following property -->
<SystemProperty systemResourceId="general"
systemPropertyId="mail.notifications.redirectTo" systemPropertyValue="XYZ
Email Address"/>

Hope this helps you. Please let me know if you are facing any difficulties.

Thanks and Regards
--
Pritam Kute