ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Suraj Khurana <suraj.khur...@hotwaxsystems.com>
Subject Re: Purchase order minimum and packing units
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2018 08:24:44 GMT
Hi Frank,

For packing units, IMO, there could be two possible solution for this case.
One is to setup product in OFBiz of type marketing package (if supplier
have multiple packing quantities this fits best), this is available OOTB
and services available to decompose marketing package into singular units
that can be used for selling, you can setup marketing packages and use them
for PO and individual product can be used for selling purpose.

On the other hand, it seems more feasible and less confusing to setup
quantity UOM while creating PO. This requires some custom changes as per
business while creating PO. SupplierProduct also have quantityUomId field
which can be used for this. Data model support is available OOTB and we can
define conversion quantity as per package quantity from Supplier.

For Order minimum, IMO, we can use agreement model to achieve this. We
could have an agreement with supplier about minimum order amount and can
have some custom logic to check that agreement and allow user to place
order or not.

HTH.

--
Thanks and Regards,