ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Frank Herrman <f.herr...@typify.com>
Subject Purchase order minimum and packing units
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2018 19:40:40 GMT
Hi there,

I am currently looking into the purchase orders within Ofbiz. I would like to define two things:

Packing units
Many products are packaged in boxes in sets of multiple items. The supplier delivers them
per 6, we sell them per 1. Now there is an option per product per supplier to enter the minimum
order quantity. This does not seem to ensure I will buy the product in this example per 6.
I can also order 7 in that case. I want the system to let me only order 6, 12, 18 etc. What
is the best way to go there?

Order minimum
Many suppliers require me to place orders of a minimum amount and sometimes a minimum quantity
(usually it’s amount). Where can I set this up? This is also something that does not seem
to work well with the requirements module. Every order that makes my QoH go below my minimum
quantity a requirement is created. I can make a purchase order out of it, but that will only
contain that specific product. When I order with a supplier I want to be able to select from
all the products he provides that are below the QoH, and not in separate purchase orders.
Is this possible as well?

Thank you in advance again.

Kind regards,

Frank