ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Julien NICOLAS <julien.nico...@nereide.fr>
Subject Re: How to use bootstrap 4 for my UI
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2018 07:09:32 GMT
Hi Madhi,

I understand that it's not easy to create a new theme but as Taher told
you, you must start by Customizing an existing theme. This is what I've
done several years ago with success.

Using bootstrap before the common theme mechanism obliged you to modify
a lot of things in the framework, now it's really possible but... It
will be a pain as well if you don't know how works HTMLRenderer in OFBiz.

Each theme extend the common theme via theme.xml file. In the theme.xml
file, you can change the html renderer location for all elements (form,
menu, etc.). Create a specific copy of HTML renderer contained in common
theme folder to your theme folder and add the path in your theme.xml file.

Then modify HTML renderer to fit to bootstrap.

You'll see that it's in the theme.xml that we define js, css, etc. file
that could be included in the header and the footer. Now, you can dig
further and ask for more specific questions.

HTH,

Julien.