ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Vaibhav Jain <vaibhav.j...@hotwaxsystems.com>
Subject Re: GST rates on the basis of product price or price range
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2018 08:16:02 GMT
Hello Rishi,

I am working on the GST of India.

One of the business rules of the GST is like:
- Tax is applied on the basis of HSN code which is managed using
ProductCategory entity
- Same HSN code may have different GST rate on the basis of price
- Goods of sale value not exceeding Rs. 1000 per piece would be taxed at 5%
and the goods of sale value exceeding Rs. 1000 per piece would be taxed at
12%.

As per the GST rules and existing data model price range should be
maintained in *TaxAuthorityRateProduct* entity instead of using
*ProductCategory* entity.

One of the solutions is we can extend the *TaxAuthorityRateProduct* entity
and introduce a new column *maxItemPrice. *Now, *minItemPrice* and*
maxItemPrice *columns can be used to filter the records on the basis of the
price range.

Please suggest can we extend the entity or do we have any other/better
solution to manage this scenario.

Vaibhav Jain
Sr. Enterprise Software Engineer
HotWax Systems