ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From <ja...@productive1.com>
Subject RE: Need Help - BOM with decimals
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2018 13:41:36 GMT
Rishi - Lets use your example.
Lets say the component product is defined as 1 and the
product.quantityincluded is .00983

If I was making 200 of the produced product will Ofbiz calculate .00983
* 200 = 1.966 so it would actually request 2 gallons on the production
process.  Is that correct?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Need Help - BOM with decimals
From: Rishi Solanki <rishisolankii@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, August 06, 2018 11:40 pm
To: ofbizuser <user@ofbiz.apache.org>

Deepak,
You are correct, that is not used in the manufacturing. But it is not
useful for manufacturing as well.

James,
What I'm suggesting is to use the integer part quantity as is in the BOM
create new product. I took the product weight example, but for your
exact
case you may need to check the Product.quantityUomId and
Product.quantityIncluded. Here your component product may define that 1
quantity means gallon and included 0.00983 gallons.

I hope I'm clear this time. I think this should be good way to go with
and
will have very minor code customization.

Regards,

Rishi Solanki
HotWax Systems Pvt. Ltd.
Direct: +91-9893287847