ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From <ja...@productive1.com>
Subject RE: Need Help - BOM with decimals
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2018 11:58:42 GMT

Thanks Rishi - By using decimal in its weight how will that update the
required quantity in BOM?  Anyone else in the community have come into
this issue and updated BOM to accept decimals.  I would imagine this is
very common on process manufacturing

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Need Help - BOM with decimals
From: Rishi Solanki <rishisolankii@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, August 06, 2018 2:41 am
To: ofbizuser <user@ofbiz.apache.org>

James,

This is tricky, and you can not see if this is directly available OOTB.
But
the trick will surely work ootb. Please follow the following steps;
- Create a manufacturing product in the system. We call it as MP_01
- Lets say add two manufacturing component (raw material) with it. Name
them as MC_A and MC_B for easy reference.
- Each component will have 1 quantity of its own to create the MP_01.
That
mean 1 * MC_A + 1 * MC_B = MP_01.
- Now set the product weight of both (MC_A and MC_B) for both items in
decimal and use its quantity as per requirement in the MP_01 product
associations.

Hopefully, with minor or negligible changes in code you should be able
achieve decimal functionality. Alternatively, you can go for
customization
which may include some additional fields to work on in product or
product
assoc entity to incorporate the decimal support in BOM.

As far as I remember there is no direct way to BOM with decimal, good to
know if someone from community already know or did this in past.

Thanks!

--
Rishi

Rishi Solanki