ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Charles LC So <char...@tourdefarm.com>
Subject Re: Separate module for custom backend code and UI
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2018 00:14:08 GMT
May be I can be more specific in the ideal implementation.

As there are lots of commercial templates (some are of decent quality, but still quite buggy)
for various carts in the marketplace, may be we can have most of the up-front front end work
done by buying these templates and just work on integrating the template into OFBiz.

This should reduce a substantial portion of effort needed to have a modern front end (without
being an expert in CSS, JavaScript, JQuery, blah blah blah).

Charles

> On 1 Jun 2018, at 8:08 AM, Charles LC So <charles@tourdefarm.com> wrote:
>
> Hello all
>
> I’m evaluating the same aspect of OFBiz too.
>
> I evaluated OFBiz 10 years ago. At that time the front end was not easily changed, and
we need to have our Store online ASAP, so the only choice we have is OpenCart.

> Gosh, as some of us swear, OC is total crap.
>
> Now our shop has been live for almost 6 years, and we want to take a look at OFBiz again,
and hopefully re-implement what we need in our shop within OFBiz.

> Is there a templating framework (or something that enables us to handle the needs of
B2C) within OFBiz for the DIYers now, or do we need to pay a services company to do a modern
front end for us?

> Much thx!
> Charles
>
>> On 1 Jun 2018, at 2:45 AM, gauravjlj@gmail.com <gauravjlj@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Rajesh. I'm kind of newbie for ofbiz, would you be kind to redirect me to
documentation for this or something to start with and to understand this stuff.