ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Rajesh Mallah <mallah.raj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Separate module for custom backend code and UI
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2018 15:41:46 GMT
Hi Gaurav ,

In my case i have built an backend application using by favorite
platform that communicates to OFBiz using XML/RPC .

my backend speaks to frontend using JSON and to backend
ofbiz webservices using XML/RPC.

This is one of the "options" .

Please note since XML/RPC or SOAP is language-agnostic you
could use your favorite backend tool/framework to talk to backend.

Things that i miss in this approach are:
(1) Seamless user session handling .
(2) Lack of transaction control.
      ( eg if you do 5 things in XML/RPC and 1 to 4 commits in DB and your
       5 things fails , there is no easy way to undo/rollback 1 to 4, this
is becoz
       each webservice is running in its on transaction , there is no way
to bundle
       N number of webservices call in one transaction context )

pls note these are not limitation of OFBiz but of this approach.

regds
mallah.