ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From <ja...@productive1.com>
Subject RE: RE: Adding Actual Labor to Manufacturing Process
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2018 14:05:09 GMT
Thanks Sharan & Rishi!

Rishi - Would this be a bug or have you been able to get actual labor
added to the production tasks.  So if the labor rate was 10 per hour and
it took 30 minutes to make 100 widgets the system would apply .05 cents
to each widget

Thanks,

James

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: RE: Adding Actual Labor to Manufacturing Process
From: Sharan Foga <sharan@apache.org>
Date: Tue, June 05, 2018 6:33 am
To: <user@ofbiz.apache.org>

Hi James

As mentioned I think the Cost Component Calculation is what you need and
yes it can be setup via the UI in quite a few places:

Manufacturing
https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/manufacturing/control/EditCostCalcs

Accounting
https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/accounting/control/EditCostCalcs

Catalog
https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/catalog/control/EditProductCosts?productId=WG-1111

You can specify the fixed and variable parts of the calculation. If you
need something a bit more specific then you can code a calculation and
then link that coded calculation into the Cost Component Calculation.
(See GEN_COST_CALC as an example using a mixture for fixed and bespoke
calculation).

You can add costs such as labour at various places (eg Routing Task)
need to be linked to a Cost Component Calculation rather than just a
rate. You can also add a labour cost to the actual product itself in
Catalog manager

https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/catalog/control/EditProductCosts

and then use the button at the bottom of the screen to auto calculate an
estimate of it.

So in general yes, you can setup and estimate the production costs
including labour etc but I think there might be something missing. I
haven’t tested intensely in manufacturing but even when I had setup
additional costs, so far I have never been able to get anything other
than the actual material costs to come on a production run. (I'm talking
about the Actual Costs tab linked to an individual production run).

This could be missing setup or just that the tests I’ve done so far
are not comprehensive enough.

Thanks
Sharan