ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Aishwary Shrivastava <aishwary.shrivast...@hotwaxsystems.com>
Subject Re: Emails not sending through ofbiz.
Date Thu, 10 May 2018 11:31:55 GMT
Hi Tooba Aziz,

Did you checked the inbox of that email address(mx.ofbiz@gmail.com), Gmail
will first send you an email with the subject "Review blocked sign-in
attempt", where you have to allow access to less secure apps.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Apache+OFBiz+Technical+
Production+Setup+Guide#ApacheOFBizTechnicalProduction
SetupGuide-EmailServerSettings

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 4:31 PM, Tooba Aziz <tooba.aziz@indusvalleylabs.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
> I’m using Ofbiz in integration with my project , and I’m assuming I can
> send emails through ofbiz , so far I have tried following things and didn’t
> get any email ,
>
> 1)modified file = framework\common\config\general.properties  as
> following ,
>
> mail.smtp.relay.host=smtp.gmail.com
>
> mail.smtp.auth = true
>
> mail.smtp.starttls.enable = true
>
> mail.smtp.port=465
>
> defaultFromEmailAddress=mx.ofbiz@gmail.com
>
> mail.notifications.enabled=Y
>
> mail.smtp.socketFactory.port=465
>
> mail.smtp.socketFactory.class=javax.net.ssl.SSLSocketFactory
>
> ORGANIZATION_PARTY=ACCOUNTING
>
> mail.smtp.auth.user= mx.ofbiz@gmail.com
>
> mail.smtp.auth.password=mypassword
>
> 2) After this modification I restarted ofbiz and from UI , logged in from
> admin account and  created an emailing list for a different account which
> is associated with the email mx.ofbiz@gmail.com , and added a party,
> screen shots attached
>

> 3) Then I created a com_event  with status com_in_progress, screenshot
> attached,
>

> Then according to the documentation I found on ofbiz , a job runs every 5
> mins and sends emails to any in_progress com events that are there
>
> I waited but nothing happened, I checked the data base and ,
>
> Contact_list_comunicaton_status table is empty and and
> communication_event_role table shows status COM_ROLE_COMPLETED, where as
> communication_event shows status COM_IN_PROGRESS now I don’t understand
> what happened here. Please help me here. I need to get the emailing thing
> working

> Windows 10

Virus-free.

--
Thanks and Regards,
*Aishwary Shrivastava* | Enterprise Software Engineer