ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Taher Alkhateeb <slidingfilame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: discussion:provide official docker image of Apache OFBiz?
Date Thu, 17 May 2018 06:42:45 GMT
We need to think and discuss this otherwise I'm not quite sure how much
value people would get from having a docker image. I don't have two docker
files that are identical for the projects we work on because of
customizations and differences.

So to create a docker image you might want to think of some things like:
- what is it used for? Demo purpose? Will it allow loading different data
readers?
- should you allow loading different databases with an accompanying
docker-compose script in the documentation of the image?
- what options / flags should you add to docker image?
- where should we keep the source?
- should we version ofbiz images like is done in some other images?
- how should we structure the volumes for framework and gradle cache?

So I think more details are needed here.