ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Pierre Smits <pierresm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OFBiz MRP & Manufacturing: subcontract-work
Date Thu, 24 May 2018 19:46:59 GMT
Please see inline. I trust the nuggets provided help.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

Apache Trafodion <https://trafodion.apache.org>, Vice President
Apache Directory <https://directory.apache.org>, PMC Member
Apache OFBiz <https://ofbiz.apache.org>, contributor since 2008

On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 8:38 PM, Wolfgang Paul Rauchholz <
wp.rauchholz@gmail.com> wrote:

> I hope that works....
>
> Company needs to control WO cost and retains title of raw material
> inventory stored at Sub-Contractor

This is a contractual issue.

> Sub-Contractor only invoices labor cost (and sometimes freight in case of
> drop-ship to customer)

This is part of the contract with the sub-contractor.

> *Company* *Sub-Contractor*
> (1) Company receives SO from customer

(2) Company places purchase orders for raw mtrl to supplier
> Some raw mtrl orders are based on MRP explosion
> Some raw mtrl orders are back to back orders
> (3) Supplier drop-ships raw material to Sub-contractor

This could be regarded as a delivery to a secondary facility.

> (4) Company releases work order for FINGOOD

This could be a ProductionRun at the secondary facility

> A PO be created with the material consumed on work order and linked to WO
> routing task (can be automatic with WO release?)

PO can be associated with the WO.

> (5) Sub-contractor produces FINGOOD

Sub-contractor executes the ProductionRun at the secondary facility. And
when finished registers the inventory change at secondary facility.

> (6) Sub-contractor either
>
> drop-ships FINGOOD to customer, or

Sub-contractor acts as picker/packer and ships for the SO

> ships FINGOOD to company

This could be an internal transfer from one facility to another.

> (7) PO receipt of FINGOOD closes purchase order and correspondent task on
> work order routing (can be automatic with PO receipt?)

This could be regarded as the acceptance by primary facility warehouse
manager of the goods of the internal transfer.

> (8) Sub-contractor to issue invoice

Supplier (sub-contractor) invoice alignment with PO.

PO