ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Paul Mandeltort <p...@marcospec.com>
Subject Re: discussion:provide official docker image of Apache OFBiz?
Date Fri, 18 May 2018 00:27:41 GMT
Probably out of scope for me and the mailing list to sell you on the benefits of containerization,
but (in my crappy opinion) there’s a reason that docker is valued at over a billion dollars
and all major cloud hosting providers support containers natively now. I think it’s built
into some linux distros now.

I encourage you to try it out and see for yourself:

1) install docker: https://docs.docker.com/install/ <https://docs.docker.com/install/>
2) docker run -d -p 8080:8080 -p 8443:8443 marcopinball/ofbiz-demo:latest
3) if you want to monitor logs:
	docker ps, find container ID
	docker exec -ti <container id> tail -f /ofbiz/runtime/logs/ofbiz.log
Ta-da, running ofbiz with demo data on https://localhost:8443.

When done just docker rm -f <container id> the container and it’s gone! no cleanup
and your system remains unaffected.

This is just OOTB w/ Derby. Want to quickly test ofbiz against a different version of java?
Just edit the dockerfile (below) and point it at the java image you want, and run.

This works on Mac, Linux, Windows.

Here’s the docker file and image I slapped together (referenced above) as a proof of concept.
IT SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED BEST PRACTICES OR PRODUCTION READY. Again, I am not an expert
here.

It may or may not be best practices but it’s a good starting point for anyone else messing
with it:
https://hub.docker.com/r/marcopinball/ofbiz-demo/ <https://hub.docker.com/r/marcopinball/ofbiz-demo/>

—Paul