ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Sharan Foga <sha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Financial transaction - accounting transactions
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2018 21:00:00 GMT
Hi Ingo

So you've setup a financial account to mirror you bank account and when the customer payment
comes in, it already has the fees taken out? Or does the whole customer amount come into the
account as one figure and then the bank takes out their fee?

Also are you manually depositing (i.e creating deposits) for customer payments or are you
letting OFBiz automatically do it when the customer pays?

Either way - I'll take a look and get back to you.

Thanks
Sharan

On 2018/03/21 10:33:30, Ingo Wolfmayr <ingo.wolfmayr@wolfix.at> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question regarding financial transaction, in detail the service "postFinAccountTransToGl".
>
> When I create a "deposit" or a "withdraw" it creates the same accounting transactions
except changing the type of accounting transaction.

> Maybe I missunderstand the financial transactions. This is what I am trying to do:
> A customer made a payment 100$. The bank subtracts a fee from my account 5$. I thought
by making a transaction "withdraw" I could submit the fee to the appropriate glaccount and
subtracting it from the financial account (2nd part is fine).
> Goal:
> Debit: 5$ Fees
> Credit: 5$ Bank
>
> Current situation:
> Credit: 5$ Fees
> Debit: 5$ Bank
>
> Creating a deposit creates the same financial transactions.
>
> When I create an adjustment with a negativ amount, the glaccounts are on the right side,
but the value is negativ, which at the end leads to the same result.