ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Paul Foxworthy <p...@cohsoft.com.au>
Subject Re: OFBIZ is a joke
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2018 05:47:33 GMT
On 10 March 2018 at 04:09, jondon1928@gmail.com <jondon1928@gmail.com>
wrote:

The installation instruction are bunch of rubbish.
> It simply say to run ofbiz with two commands.
> This is my 4th day and I cannot start it
> On windows 8.1 only gradle services are downloaded and then nothing.
> On windows 7 is goes a bit further. It says that build was successful but
> when I go to localhost:8443/accounting the page is not working.
>
> I wanted simply to play with it but I cannot even open - what a JOKE!!!

Hi jondon,

8443 is a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) port. Please try
https://localhost:8443/accounting if you haven't already done so.

Can you send us a screenshot of the problem you are encountering?

Respectfully, OFBiz is not a joke. Many, many organisations and people have
found it's a very capable Enterprise Resource Planning system with amazing
capability for zero money. Like other open source projects, OFBiz is "free
as in kitten" - there is no need to spend money upfront, but there will
likely be some care and nurturing by you or someone that knows about it.
Nobody in the OFBiz community claims it's perfect, and the initial
out-of-the-box experience can probably be improved. If you do encounter
problems, the more specific you are about them, the better the chance they
can be addressed.

Thanks

Paul Foxworthy

--