ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Taher Alkhateeb <slidingfilame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Basic Q: Can ofbiz run in subdir and use HTTP auth?
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2018 08:00:35 GMT
Hello Jochen, welcome to the community.

I'm sure you'll get better responses from the rest of the community,
but naturally there are many ways to go about this. For one thing,
read the section on configuring OFBiz with LDAP in [1].

Now with respect to doing something like http://yourserver/ofbiz, I
think this might be difficult to achieve because OFBiz ships with its
own Servlet Container (Tomcat). So maybe a simpler option which we
used before is to simply seek a sub-domain to map into OFBiz. So it
would be something like http://ofbiz.yourserver which is mapped from
your reverse proxy (nginx I assume?)

Would that not still work given that the sub-domain is withing your control?

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Apache+OFBiz+Technical+Production+Setup+Guide

of the root of the webserver. (http://server/ofbiz/).
> ( The reason for this is that ofbiz will be reverse proxied and that http://reverseproxy/
is used for something else. A differend domain is not a option because of question two).

> For integration into our systems we prefer that the application can use authentication
data in the http header (Basic Authorization/Http authorization). Our reverse proxy sends
the users (LDAP) credentials in the header allowing applications to automatically log the
user in.