ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: About OFBiz Email Passwords Sending
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2018 10:11:18 GMT
Hi Arun,

This value were added by me with http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1748560

<<A patch from Wai for "EntityUtilProperties" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-7112

OFBiz reads properties from either a properties file or the entity:SystemProperty.
The way it worked previously is that OFBiz reads from the entity:SystemProperty first and
if there is no value associated with the target propertyname, it would then locate the value
from the relevant properties file.
In other words, if there is a database entry for a property, the database entry should override
the associated properties file.
The issue is that if a database entry exist but the value is empty, it would look for a value
from the properties file.
It should not do so.  If a database entry exists for the propertyname of interest, the value
should be taken from the database even if it holds an empty value.

"isExistInDb" is first defined in Map<String, String> getSystemPropertyValue(String,
String, Delegator).  This method is call by many other methods.  "isExistInDb" is used to
indicate whether the method is returning an empty value for the property that 'exists' in
the database rather than as a result of an absent database entry for the property.

The other methods...
   boolean propertyValueEqualsIgnoreCase(String, String, String, Delegator)
   String getPropertyValue(String, String, String, Delegator)
   String getPropertyValue(String, String, Delegator)
   String getMessage(String, String, Locale, Delegator)
uses the above method and needs to decide whether to use the empty value returned (ie. empty
value from an existing property entry in database) or decide if it needs to read from the
property file (ie. property entry does not exist in database)

jleroux: this also add systemPropertyValue data in CommonSystemPropertyData.xml

We know this is a controversial matter for a long time, I agree we could in the meantime decide
to remove the empty values from DB. They are all in general but
systemResourceId="sfa" systemPropertyId="save.outgoing.directory"

I maintain that we need to eventually decide about my proposition at https://markmail.org/message/opldepaevls3y3ob

Jacques