ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From <ja...@productive1.com>
Subject RE: Selling and Buying In Differnt Units of Measurements
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2018 13:16:59 GMT
Yes.  It seems those fields will be extremely useful.  If the Supplier
record has UOM as cases and quantity included as 6 then on my Purchase
Order to that supplier I order 1 Case.  When I receive that purchase
order in Ofbiz it actually receives a quantity of 6.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Selling and Buying In Differnt Units of Measurements
From: Vaibhav Jain <vaibhav.jain@hotwaxsystems.com>
Date: Thu, March 01, 2018 4:15 am
To: user@ofbiz.apache.org

Hello James,

OFBiz does not have support to buy or sell the product in multiple
quantity
UOM.

This topic is already discussed before in the community. In OFBiz there
is
a support of marketing package in which we can assemble and decompose
the
product to trade the product in multiple UOM.

While using marketing package we need to maintain same product multiple
times for different UOM.

There is a drawback of using marketing package that we need to maintain
same product multiple times for different UOM.

You need to do the custom changes to achieve the support of multiple
UOM.

Here are some links to some of the reference previous discussions.
http://ofbiz.markmail.org/message/wnvkuyfubn6dewzc
<http://ofbiz.markmail.org/message/wnvkuyfubn6dewzc?q=selling+uom>
http://ofbiz.markmail.org/message/l25duvbuuhspohyv
http://ofbiz.markmail.org/message/7vala7xcgcs5nb4n

The high-level design proposed for multiple quantity UOM

 1. We can use SupplierProduct entity to manage products in various UOM
 for the same supplier.
 2. Inventory of the product is maintained in the lowest quantity UOM.
 3. At the time of sales, quantity UOM is managed for tagging and sales
 will happen by UOM conversion.

Hope this will help ☺

Vaibhav Jain
Sr. Enterprise Software Engineer