ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Michael Brohl <michael.br...@ecomify.de>
Subject Re: Sending mail from Ofbiz does not work
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2018 16:42:29 GMT
I agree that the default population of SystemProperty with configuration
values is confusing, especially for the mail configuration

I'd suggest to not remove the load data but to comment them out of the
ofbiz-component.xml. They can stay there as an example but would not be
loaded by default.

Regards,

Michael

Am 15.02.18 um 17:07 schrieb Mike:
>   Jacques: I understand the value of the feature.  What I'm referring to is
> somebody, in 16.x, hard-coded the above values in "seed", which caused the
> problem for this user.
>
> This is an advanced feature, and caused a lot of confusion.  I'd recommend
> that the 16.x CommonSystemPropertyData.xml be edited to remove all
> "systemPropertyValue="
> entries.
>
> 13.07: ./framework/common/data/CommonSystemPropertyData.xml
>
> Here is the latest version of 13.07, which does not hard-code these values.
> None of the 13.07 seed data have "systemPropertyValue=" set.
>
> systemPropertyId="ORGANIZATION_PARTY"
> systemPropertyId="VISUAL_THEME"
> systemPropertyId="currency.uom.id.default"
> systemPropertyId="country.geo.id.default"
> systemPropertyId="partner.trackingCodeId.default"
> systemPropertyId="defaultFromEmailAddress"
> systemPropertyId="mail.notifications.enabled"
> systemPropertyId="mail.smtp.relay.host"
> systemPropertyId="mail.smtp.auth.user"
> systemPropertyId="mail.smtp.auth.password"
> systemPropertyId="mail.smtp.port"
> systemPropertyId="mail.smtp.starttls.enable"
> systemPropertyId="mail.smtp.socketFactory.port"
> systemPropertyId="mail.smtp.socketFactory.class"
> systemPropertyId="mail.smtp.socketFactory.fallback"
> systemPropertyId="mail.smtp.sendpartial"
>

> On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 1:15 AM, Jacques Le Roux <
> jacques.le.roux@les7arts.com> wrote:
>
>> Mike, thanks for asking
>>
>> This controversial feature has been initially discussed with
>> http://markmail.org/message/be3ts56b5w22k6pz
>>
>> We currently have some related pending Jira about that (sorry maybe a bit
>> too much, also a way to remind/check myself before discussing again in dev
>> ML)
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-7112
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-7754
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-6166
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-6164
>>
>> http://markmail.org/message/i4rubhbo7wlm4wts
>>
>> https://s.apache.org/oTA6
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-6712
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-6205
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-6210
>>
>> Because this is now entrenched in OFBiz for many years, and I guess used
>> by many customs projects, it will maybe hard to get back.
>> But then we need a better documentation. Beginning as simply as I proposed
>> below. And we need to agree and fix the pending issues.
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> Jacques
>>

>> Le 14/02/2018 à 16:49, Mike a écrit :
>>
>>> Jacques:  Why does ofbiz 16.x set real properties
>>> in: ./framework/common/data/CommonSystemPropertyData.xml?  This is part
>>> of
>>> "seed"... It hard-codes:
>>>

>>> systemPropertyId="ORGANIZATION_PARTY" systemPropertyValue="Company"
>>> systemPropertyId="VISUAL_THEME" systemPropertyValue="FLAT_GREY"
>>> systemPropertyId="currency.uom.id.default" systemPropertyValue="USD"
>>> systemPropertyId="country.geo.id.default" systemPropertyValue="USA"
>>> systemPropertyId="defaultFromEmailAddress" systemPropertyValue="
>>> ofbiztest@example.com"
>>> systemPropertyId="mail.notifications.enabled" systemPropertyValue="N"
>>> systemPropertyId="mail.smtp.port" systemPropertyValue="465"
>>> systemPropertyId="mail.smtp.starttls.enable" systemPropertyValue="true"
>>> systemPropertyId="mail.smtp.socketFactory.port" systemPropertyValue="465"
>>> systemPropertyId="mail.smtp.socketFactory.class"
>>> systemPropertyValue="javax.net.ssl.SSLSocketFactory"
>>> systemPropertyId="mail.smtp.socketFactory.fallback"
>>> systemPropertyValue="false"