ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Paul Foxworthy <p...@cohsoft.com.au>
Subject Re: Add Product Supplier broken - similar to Edit Facility bug
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2018 01:46:34 GMT
Hi again,

I've changed my mind about a Jira for the moment. I think this is not
exactly the same thing as OFBIZ-6436. We could create a new issue in
future, but I'd like to consider this some more.

I see the general point that there's a need for more decimal places in
prices.

OFBiz has configuration options for decimal places in orders, invoices,
indirect taxes, financial accounts and general ledger reports. (All of
these are in https://github.com/apache/ofbiz/blob/trunk/applications/
accounting/config/arithmetic.properties
<https://github.com/apache/ofbiz/blob/trunk/applications/accounting/config/arithmetic.properties#L24>
).

Here are questions I'd like Tim and everyone to consider:

- Is a rule for product price DPs a separate thing to rules for other
amounts specified in arithmetic.properties? I think the answer is "yes".

- Should OFBiz just accept a price to whatever level of precision a user
wants to enter it, and not round it?

- Product pricing and the number of DPs might vary significantly for
different products. Is there any need to enforce some sort of consistency
here?

- If enforcement is needed, is a single configuration option for product
pricing sufficient?

- If enforcement is needed, should it be more fine-grained than one rule
for all products?

Should the number of DPs be an attribute of some entity, perhaps
ProductCategory or SupplierProduct?

Cheers

Paul Foxworthy