ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From <ja...@productive1.com>
Subject RE: Vendor Credits
Date Mon, 01 Jan 2018 20:08:49 GMT
Thanks Oleg - Do you think we can create a payment type of Vendor Credit
and Payment Type of "On Account".  This payment then can be applied to
the original purchase invoice?  Any idea what the Journal Entry that
gets created looks like?

Thanks,

James

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Vendor Credits
From: Oleg Andreyev <andreyev.oleg@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, January 01, 2018 10:29 am
To: user@ofbiz.apache.org

Hi James,

OFBiz does not have a solution for this case. You can create accounting
transaction of type credit memo but there are still problems with
invoices
that could not be closed in a good way.
I did a custom development for one of my clients where added new invoice
type "Vendor Credit Memo". A user creates such an invoice with negative
amounts at the moment when credit appear. Later, the payment is applied
both purchase invoice and credit memo. You may go this way but again,
this
is not something supported OOTB, it requires a bit of development.

--
Best regards,

Oleg Andreyev
at Upwork <https://www.upwork.com/fl/olegandreyev2>