ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Amit Gadaley <amit.gada...@hotwaxsystems.com>
Subject *.html file rendering in OFBiz screen
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2017 16:00:05 GMT
Hello Everyone,

OFBiz only supports the rendering of *.ftl files in OFBiz screens.
*.ftl files are same as *.html files with richer capabilities but sometimes
there are situations where a user needs to render only *.html files instead
of *.ftl files.

I have debugged the code and figure out that method '*renderHtmlTemplate*'
of HtmlWidget.java is responsible for rendering *.ftl files. I walked
through it and met with this condition:

if (location.endsWith(".ftl")) {
     // render file
} else {
    //return error
}

My proposal is to update this condition like this:

if (location.endsWith(".ftl") || location.endsWith(".html")) {
     // render file
} else {
    //return error
}

I have tested it and it is working fine. I don't see any harm in this
change.

Please share your inputs on this.
--
Thanks and Regards,