ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Rajesh Mallah <mallah.raj...@gmail.com>
Subject opportunity / lead management scenario
Date Sun, 27 Aug 2017 16:17:36 GMT
Hi ,

I have multiple data having "organisation name" and
"postal address"  and  NO "contact person"  currently.

I need to start a process on this data and keep a track of
activities on the this data set.

my questions are:

(1) what is the best approach to model it ?

I have tried some possible approaches with varying level
of success.

(a) create a lead using "PartyGroupName"  and PostalAddress
      and a placeholder pseudo person like "Manager"
     (as real person name is not available )
     i see that it creates "Leads" as well as "Parties"

(b) create lead using only "PartyGroupName"  and PostalAddress
     and no contact.

     I see that it creates only "Parties" and no lead.

(c) create "Opportunities"  using Opportunity name as the Organisation
     name.

I find that Opportunity entity provides the fields like
"Next Step" , "Next Step Date" , "Stage" , "Probability" etc
 which can be used to model the follow-up of the
Opportunity / Lead.

However i have no clue how to model the recording of
information that are gathered at each follow-up activity
that would happen at multiple points of time .

It should be possible  see the "trail" and "history" of activities
that are done on the Opportunity/Lead

kindly guide.

Regds
mallah.