ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From <ja...@productive1.com>
Subject RE: Price List in Ofbiz - Robust?
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2017 12:09:12 GMT
Thanks Paul that makes perfect sense.  Outside of pricing I noticed a
Parties Tab for the part where we can identify a party as the
manufacturer of the part. Since OEM Party ID and Brand label don't
follow the part.... Does that follow the part though out the system like
on sales orders, purchase orders etc?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Price List in Ofbiz - Robust?
From: Paul Mandeltort <paul@marcospec.com>
Date: Thu, June 15, 2017 2:15 pm
To: user@ofbiz.apache.org

OEM ID is for example the OEM marketing model number, say like an Apple
MacBook Mid 2013 had a OEM ID of A1465.

Categories in OFbiz are a broad data structures that integrate well with
lots of things including the pricing engine. Parts get tricky, because a
part itself can have a OEM, the thing the part goes into can have a
different OEM, and the supplier you get the part from could be a third
party.

So if you have a tire that is for Ford cars, make a special Ford
category, then in the setup for that category associate it with your
Ford party if you need that level of data.

(Product/Catalog Manger -> Category -> Parties
(/catalog/control/EditCategory?productCategoryId=CATEGORYNAME).

Since Categories in OFbiz are many-to-many, this gives you a lot of
flexibility. You’ll end up with at least two hierarchies then, one for
your OEM brands and one for your functional categories.

Suppliers is where you’d track the actual supplier for a given part,
which can often differ from the manufacturer like if it’s after-market
or via a distributor.

—P