ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: Returns Process
Date Tue, 16 May 2017 08:08:36 GMT
Thanks Sumit,

I was answering when I saw you much more complete answer :)

To summarize for James: yes, it's a manual process but a replacement order can be automatically
created

You can refer to this as a start https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-2464

Here are also interesting related discussions:

http://markmail.org/message/h6qihpbn3pr3yjr3

http://markmail.org/message/s52sa7rd2zutmxvg

You may also check this https://s.apache.org/mTfx

Jacques

Le 16/05/2017 à 09:29, Sumit Pandit a écrit :
> Hi James,
> I am not in touch with OFBiz since a while, but allow me to give a partial idea for your
queries.

> See, with respect to following heads I tried something -
>      > Store Credit -
>      > Refund -
>      > Replacement
>
> Store Credit -
>
>    1.  To validate the Store Credit-  tried following:​
>       *   ​- Created a return for DemoCustomer, added item, approved & completed
the return.
>       *   - While adding the order items; selected type as store credit.
>       *   - Reference - <https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/ordermgr/control/returnMain?returnId=10000>
https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/ordermgr/control/returnMain?returnId=10000
>    2.  Above a​ction has created a return with type = store credit.
>    3.  What happ​ened once it was processed with store credit as an option-
>       *   ​- A Financial account  entry is created with type = Store Credit Account
& status = Active with balance equals to returned amount.​
>       *   - Ref: It can be verified from the FinancialAccount record -
> -- https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/accounting/control/FindFinAccount?externalLoginKey=ELaa1a9d06-585b-4acd-be95-b1d27ef13798&ownerPartyId=DemoCustomer
>    4.  Financial account can be utilized for sales order for the same customer. Try following
>       *   ​https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/ecommerce/control/main
>       *   - login with DemoCustomer/ofbiz as userName/password
>       *   - Add any product to cart.
>       *   - Checkout - select quick checkout option for checkout.
>       *   - observe at right hand side ( 3. How shall you pay?); the existance of financial
account (Financial Account #10000),
>       *   - the amount can be utilized for payment of this order.
>
> Refund -
> If user has selected Refund as type, then it refund the amount in the same payment mode
of sales order. i.e. if payment was done via CC, refund amount should be credited to the same.
(it is as per my old understanding, community can confirm it.). It would follow the approval
process.

> Replacement : Tried following-
>
>    1.  Created a return with type=Replacement, taken it to completed status.
>       *   ​Ref https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/ordermgr/control/returnMain?returnId=10001
>    2.  ​After received, checked in order list, that an order has been created automatically
in Approved status
>       *   Ref-https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/ordermgr/control/orderlist
>    3.  ​While exploring order identified that the order amount is adjusted and order
total become 0.
>       *   ​- (Replacement Item Return #10001 - Replacement -$59.99 )
>       *   Ref - <https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/ordermgr/control/orderview?orderId=WSCO10000>
https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/ordermgr/control/orderview?orderId=WSCO10000
>       *   Scroll till end of the page to find the adjusted amount.
>       *
>    4.  ​​​So it should be an answer to one of your query - Yes  the system automatically
create a replacement order.

> Please let me know if it help to solve your query. It would be interesting to explore
more in order to solve your problem if you needed additional details.