ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: Using Derby ij To Browse Demo Data
Date Tue, 23 May 2017 21:12:41 GMT
 From the top of my head (I'll be off until Saturday morning)

Create an Alias:

     Use "Apache Derby Embedded" driver

     URL (eg) jdbc:derby:C:\projectsASF\ofbiz\runtime\data\derby\ofbiz;create=true (don't
connect to a running OFBiz instance, but you can use one
created by OFBiz)

     Std Derby data source credential (cf entityengine.xml), ie ofbiz/ofbiz

Good luck (it's not the easiest tool but it's worth to be know ;))

Jacques

Le 23/05/2017 à 21:30, stimits@comcast.net a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I got squirrel sql running and able to connect to PostgreSQL. However, I'm a bit confused
about Derby connections...either I need a network address with port ("Apache Derby Client"
driver), or else it seems perhaps a direct file access ("Apache Derby Embedded" driver). I
didn't see any separate JDBC driver for Derby like what PostgreSQL has.

> Is there a network port open when ofbiz runs which I can access Derby with? If not, is
there a particular file in the ofbiz install I can point at for the embedded driver?

> Basically it seems the embedded URL would be a format like this:
> jdbc:derby:file:///some/database:create=false
>
> Or for the networked Derby client version the URL format might be something like this:
> jdbc:derby://localhost:port_number/databaseName:create=false
>
> Would anyone here be able to give an example of using either the embedded or the client
driver for squirrel sql URL? And would anyone be able to confirm that I don't need to name
a JDBC jar file with the Derby driver the way I had to with PostgreSQL?

> Thanks!
>
> ----- Original Message -----From: Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.roux@les7arts.com>To:
user@ofbiz.apache.orgSent: Tue, 23 May 2017 09:15:28 -0000 (UTC)Subject: Re: Using Derby ij
To Browse Demo Data

> Hi Dan,
>
> I'm not sure it can fill you purpose but the tool of choice when it comes to manipulate
Derby data is SQuirreL SQL

> http://db.apache.org/derby/integrate/SQuirreL_Derby.html
>
> HTH
>
> Jacques
>
> Le 23/05/2017 &agrave; 01:05, stimits@comcast.net a &eacute;crit :> Hi,>
> I'm still trying to find a way to load Web POS data for non-sample/real world, and it
seems the actual SQL tables are not too complicated for this purpose (at least under PostgreSQL).
I had been going through load logs when loading sample data and then trying to recreate by
manually loading xml files under PostgreSQL, but have never been able to find a way to successfully
load sample data this way (Web POS never works). I am thinking that if I can browse and query
the Derby database, then perhaps I can manually export/edit data and then use SQL through
psql to load a customized version of that data. To that extent I found application "ij" for
browsing Derby in a similar way as psql.> > When using ij to browse a Derby database
is there a particular file or other method where I could use ij for an ofbiz server loaded
with demo data? I have the browse application, but I'm not sure about how to connect. Or perhaps
there is a better way to dump a Derby database as SQL data and tables other than ij?> >
Thanks!>