ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From "Skip" <s...@thedevers.org>
Subject RE: Problem with description field
Date Thu, 11 May 2017 19:02:10 GMT
Taher

Thanks for the response.  To answer your questions:

1. It occurs only for a certain field inside a certain table?
Yes, it only occurs for the description field in the VendingMachinePack table.  All other
fields in the VendingMachinePack table persist successfully and description fields in other
tables (eg: description field in the ReturnItem table) all persist successfully.

2.  It occurs only on postgres?
Unknown.  I am restricted to using postgres.

3.  It occurs only when you persist? (i.e. the GenericValue is okay)
Yes, System.out.println lines show the description field correctly, but viewing the table
using Webtools after the write show the description field as blank.  Eg:
GenericValue newPack = delegator.makeValue("VendingMachinePack", input);
System.out.println("Have Pack = " + newPack);
toStore.add(newPack);
delegator.storeAll(toStore);
System.out.println("Have description " + newPack.getString("description"));

Results of the above code in the console.log file show the description field correct in both
the GenericValue.toString() and newPack.getString("description").

However, when going to Webtools immediatly following the database write, the description field
(and the description field alone) is blank.

A strange problem.

Thanks again.

Skip