ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Paul Mandeltort <p...@marcospec.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] The OFBiz Flexible Reports, a new and important feature
Date Sat, 20 May 2017 17:20:37 GMT
This is absolutely incredible! We had investigated BIRT but never implemented it because it
was too confusing for new uses. This will be a huge boost to ofbiz adoption.

--P

> On May 20, 2017, at 6:42 AM, Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.roux@les7arts.com> wrote:
>
> Hi dear OFBiz users,
>
> Six months ago, I worked with the Nereides team to migrate and improve their Birt Report
Builder and finally contribute it in OFBiz with a new name: the OFBiz Flexible Reports.

> This would not have been possible without the initial effort**of Nicolas Malin, Pierre
Gaudin and Fran├žois Wurmser for the design. It has been initially implemented by Fran├žois
Wurmser as a Neogia addon on a R13.07 version and ported by me to a custom OFBiz R13 version.
And then with the help of Nicolas Malin to the OFBiz trunk with simple changes in the framework
where it was secured using OWASP security policies.

> Because it was delivered in several steps, maybe some of you did not have an opportunity
to look at it and its documentation closely.

> I believe it's a new important feature, so I decided to write a blog entry where all
about it will be grouped to ease the approach.