ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: Using Derby ij To Browse Demo Data
Date Tue, 23 May 2017 09:15:28 GMT
Hi Dan,

I'm not sure it can fill you purpose but the tool of choice when it comes to manipulate Derby
data is SQuirreL SQL

http://db.apache.org/derby/integrate/SQuirreL_Derby.html

HTH

Jacques

Le 23/05/2017 à 01:05, stimits@comcast.net a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I'm still trying to find a way to load Web POS data for non-sample/real world, and it
seems the actual SQL tables are not too complicated for this purpose (at least under PostgreSQL).
I had been going through load logs when loading sample data and then trying to recreate by
manually loading xml files under PostgreSQL, but have never been able to find a way to successfully
load sample data this way (Web POS never works). I am thinking that if I can browse and query
the Derby database, then perhaps I can manually export/edit data and then use SQL through
psql to load a customized version of that data. To that extent I found application "ij" for
browsing Derby in a similar way as psql.

> When using ij to browse a Derby database is there a particular file or other method where
I could use ij for an ofbiz server loaded with demo data? I have the browse application, but
I'm not sure about how to connect. Or perhaps there is a better way to dump a Derby database
as SQL data and tables other than ij?