ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From stim...@comcast.net
Subject Current PostgreSQL Instructions
Date Sun, 12 Mar 2017 21:57:04 GMT
Hi,

I'm just trying to evaluate ofbiz for some simple POS needs (which is of course not really
simple). I see there is a lot of ofbiz development activity, and thus a lot of documents which
are actually out of date. Sometimes for example the instructions use "ant" directly and do
not know of the gradlew command. In entityengine.xml information I sometimes see PostgreSQL
info which refers to "org.ofbiz", but this is out of date and is actually "org.apache.ofbiz".
The little things like that are derailing me.

To make a long story short, I have PostgreSQL running on Fedora, and apache-ofbiz-16.11.01
working with Derby, but need to change to PostgreSQL (and PostgreSQL is up and running with
both my regular user and with "ofbiz/ofbiz" name/pass), and getting connection refused (I
can manually run commands such as createdb and dropdb without issue). Basically there is some
small detail I'm missing and am wondering if there is current documentation on setting up
ofbiz with PostgreSQL which I'm missing?

I really like this documentation...but unfortunately it is wrong (out of date):
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Apache+OFBiz+Technical+Production+Setup+Guide

This in turn points out a lot of facts through here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Entity+Engine+Configuration+Guide

...but I'm more interested in getting it working and that information appears to only be for
people who already understand ofbiz setup (there are a lot of facts there and no example which
works with 16.11.01). I was under the impression that if PostgreSQL were set up and the ofbiz
name/pass is able to create tables then the "gradlew loadDefault" would be able to load sample
data into PostgreSQL without manually creating each table. Am I incorrect on this? Do I need
to manually create tables? I can attach my entityengine.xml edits, but wanted to know first
if there are explicit instructions somewhere for the current 16.11.01 (I am not interested
in customization and developing new apps, I just want to see the minimal sample data using
PostgreSQL).

Thanks!