ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From stim...@comcast.net
Subject Re: Equivalent Steps for Creating Sample Data
Date Sat, 25 Mar 2017 14:42:57 GMT
Hi,

I'm just learning the lingo, but this is just for one company, so I think that is single tenant.
I'm wanting to put together the steps for manually bringing up a small sample for a single
company with a single retail store and no remote warehouse. Presumably with in store POS and
online sales...just a very simple case. I might add 2 or 3 customers and 2 or 3 sample products
in a single category.

Btw, I'd also like to find an explanation anywhere on the "-PdbPlatform=P" option during createTenant.
I'm only guessing "P" is for PostgreSQL and "M" is for "MySQL".  I have been unable to google
for the meaning of the possible values in dbPlatform. Since I plan to use PostgreSQL this
is of interest, and I've had to guess that "P" is for PostgreSQL, and probably "M" for MySQL.
Perhaps there is something equivalent to a man page somewhere for these arguments (beyond
the gradlew help output which does not seem to explain such details)?

Thanks!

----- Original Message -----From: Taher Alkhateeb <slidingfilaments@gmail.com>To: user@ofbiz.apache.orgSent:
Sat, 25 Mar 2017 08:22:37 -0000 (UTC)Subject: Re: Equivalent Steps for Creating Sample Data

Are you trying to setup a single or multi-tenant environment?

On Mar 24, 2017 11:21 PM, <stimits@comcast.net> wrote:

> Hi,>> I'm wondering about what individual steps are equivalent to loading the>
sample data?>> Some steps I've tried (perhaps I used seeds I didn't need...however,
I> configured for PostgreSQL so I assume "ext" for that):> ...build, load default demo
data, browse...> ./gradlew cleanAll> ./gradlew "ofbiz --load-data readers=seed,seed-initial,ext">>
That much seems to work. This step fails (I have PostgreSQL set up with> user/pass ofbiz/ofbiz
and config has been set up and was working with this> so entityengine.xml is tested as
correct):> ./gradlew createTenant -PtenantId=admin -PtenantName="admin"> -PdomainName=com.example
-PtenantReaders=seed,seed-initial,ext> -PdbPlatform=P -PdbIp=127.0.0.1 -PdbUser=ofbiz -PdbPassword=ofbiz>>
Since this latter step fails, should I do something else before creating> an admin user,
or is the issue one of an error in my syntax?>> I'm essentially trying to get to a point
where I can reach this URL and> add Company and other items manually:> https://localhost:8443/ofbizsetup/control/initialsetup>>
Thanks!