ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Dank Me <dankme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Braintree (updated PayPal) integration?
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2017 15:35:31 GMT
Hey guys,

Yeah sorry for the confusion. I asked on the dev group, Paul on the user group. :-)

We are on the same team here. I believe Paul was wanting to see if any Ofbiz users were interested
in teaming up to roll out the latest Braintree/PayPal integration and be able to contribute
it into the core Ofbiz, replacing what is there currently which is really out of date.

Thanks!

Steve Dankanich

> On Feb 14, 2017, at 3:22 AM, Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.roux@les7arts.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks Michael,
>
> Actually, apart if this has changed, Paul and Steve are part of the same company :)
>
> Jacques
>

> Le 14/02/2017 à 10:04, Michael Brohl a écrit :
>> Hi Paul,
>>
>> this is great news and I believe this would be a valuable contribution.
>>
>> Please refer to https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/4b4d7e85c7182e2885b5d05dc3839c265663e98410c9ece90f8a44be@%3Cdev.ofbiz.apache.org%3E
where Steve Dankanich lately announced to work on PayPal integration also.

>> Best regards,
>>
>> Michael
>>
>> Am 13.02.17 um 19:44 schrieb Paul Mandeltort:
>>> Hey guys, anyone using the PayPal integration currently? The existing OFBiz integration
is based on the ancient API.

>>> We’ve been investigating and the new Braintree API, acquired by PayPal, is
very modern, keeps CC data on Paypal’s side which greatly simplifies PCI Compliance, and
makes a great universal payment infrastructure for e-commerce focused businesses. It would
integrate nicely with OFbiz 16.xx’s new architecture.

>>> I’m looking for other companies interested in getting this going, and for potentially
sharing resources to get this back into OFbiz so everyone can benefit.